About the Business Council
The North Kansas City Business Council is a 501 c 6 nonprofit “chamber of commerce”/economic development organization focused exclusively on supporting the businesses within the City of North Kansas City, Missouri.The North Kansas City Business Council’s mission is “to be an advocate for businesses and quality of life in North Kansas City”.
In just a few words, the Business Council serves this mission by Informing, Supporting and Connecting in behalf of the businesses of North Kansas City.
Some of the ways the Business Council serves its members and the community include:
- Brief, to-the-point enewsletters following each City Council meeting with a summary of topics discussed and approved that are considered of interest to the business community.
- Frequent enewsletters/emails providing information of interest to and about North Kansas City businesses.
- Annual printed business directory. Members may purchase ads.
- Quarterly printed newsletters. Members may include inserts for nominal cost.
- Two websites: nkcbusinesscouncil.com and www.ExploreNKC.com
- Social media for the Business Council as well as ExploreNKC which offers support for North Kansas City Destination Attractions businesses (food, beverage, entertainment and retail).
- Webinars on topics of interest to the business community.
- Committee and task groups addressing current topics of interest to the business community.
- Monthly membership luncheons (4th Thursday except 3rd Thursday in November and none in December)
- First Friday Coffees and ribbon-cuttings
- Mickey Finn Scholarship Golf Classic (1st Thursday in June)
- The Big Event Holiday Reception and Auction (early December)
- Northland Coffee Connect (every Wednesday morning)
If your business is located in North Kansas City, we invite you to become a member of the North Kansas City Business Council. Check out our Members section for information, fees, and an online application. You can also reach us at (816) 472-7700 Mon-Fri.