You can see progress happening every day with the new One North development on the southeast corner of I-35/I-29 and Armour/210 – particularly with the Meierotto’s Jewelry building going up and work being done to prepare for utilities and the “spine road” connecting Armour Road and 16th Ave.
Attendees at the North Kansas City Business Council membership luncheon on Thursday, April 27, at Black on Burlington heard all about One North from Master Developer Rick Worner. Here are some highlights from Rick Worner’s presentation:
- Tenant businesses are being carefully selected to create a unique set of destinations with interesting things to do.
- If all technical issues are taken care between now and September construction for most of the buildings will begin in September and will be completed a year later. (Fall, 2018)
- DRIV, a food/beverage/golf competitor vs TopGolf, will be a very large, highly visible facility.
- A restaurant with a “surfing” theme will be near DRIV as will K-Macho’s Mexican Grill & Cantina.
- 350 market rate apartments developed by O’Reilly Development Co
- Two Westin Hotels – Aloft for short term stays and Element for extended stays offering rooms with cooking capabilities
- Conference Center accommodating 250-350 people
- Grocery store
- And more