Download the application
2017 Farmers Market Application
Invitation to sell
The North Kansas City Farmers Market will be open for business beginning Friday, May 5, and will continue each Friday morning through Friday, October 27. I hope you will be one of the vendors who will choose to sell in this market.
As the Executive Director of the North Kansas City Business Council, I consider ways to improve the market as a very high priority. We want to make it worthwhile for you to invest your time and make it appealing to as many customers as possible. I think you will be pleased with the ways we plan to promote the market this year.
The market we serve includes not only the residents of North Kansas City and the nearby surrounding area, but also the 20,000+ people who work in North Kansas City every week day and to any others within 10 or 15 miles whose attention we can get to make the convenient stop at the Friday morning market in North Kansas City.
Surveys and feedback indicate that Friday morning, extending through the lunch hour, was the best time. Most of the vendors who have served this market seem to agree.
We continue to evaluate where the market should be located. Even though we found a few other tempting sites, it appears that the location that has been used the past few years is the most logical site. It is at the southeast corner of Armour Rd and Howell St, on the west side of the Northland Lofts building. This location features:
- High visibility from high-traffic Armour Rd.
- Public restrooms diagonally across Armour Rd at City Hall
- Electricity available for vendors who need it
- Nearby parking along Howell St, in the Dairy Queen parking lot and in the parking lot to thesouth (near the caboose).
- Spacious park-like setting with grass instead of hot, hard concrete
- Dagg Park is across Armour Rd for children to play while parents are shopping
- Easily accessed from anywhere in North Kansas City
- Easily accessed for visitors to North Kansas City using MO 210 / Armour Rd, I-35, MO 9 / Burlington St, the new Christopher S Bond Bridge or the Heart of America Bridge.
- Near many of the fine eating establishments in North Kansas City
- Near Macken Park where Friday afternoon concerts are held during the summer
Promotion of North Kansas City’s Friday morning Farmer’s Market will include (but not be limited to):
- Signs along Armour Rd.
- Posters and flyers at high density residential and commercial areas in North Kansas City including Gardens of Northgate, Northgate Village, CityView Apartments, City Hall, the North Kansas City Library and at several business locations downtown.
- A special page on the Business Council website www.nkcbusinesscouncil.com displaying weekly updates (provided by vendors) of what should be available at the market
- Inclusion on the North Kansas City Business Council Facebook page
- Articles and inserts in the Business Council newsletter which goes to 1,200 recipients every other month (May, July, September during the Farmers Market season)
- Inclusion in the AgriMissouri website listing of Farmer’s Market
- Recurring e-mail blasts from the North Kansas City Business Council
- Announcements at all North Kansas City Business Council events
- Inclusion on community calendars that list Farmer’s Markets
- Use of public service announcements when possible
The participation fee will help cover the costs of promoting and managing the market. [$150 for the full season (less than $6/wk) or $50 for any 4-consecutive week “month” ($12.50/wk)].
I’m looking forward to welcoming you to the North Kansas City Farmers Market this year.
Richard P. Groves