Investment in the North Kansas City Business Council enables the benefits of membership to be delivered. Without financial investment by members, the North Kansas City Business Council could not provide needed services in behalf of the North Kansas City business community.
To perform its functions effectively, the North Kansas City Business Council has a conveniently-located, easily-accessible office with a full-time Executive Director, a full-time Administrative Assistant, a fully-functioning web site and comprehensive membership support software.
Member investment levels for the North Kansas City Business Council are structured so that those that have the greatest involvement, the most resources and the most to gain from a healthy North Kansas City business climate pay more to provide needed financial support and to have greater visibility for their businesses. The highest levels of investment have benefits of membership not available to the lower levels.
All levels have the opportunity for representatives to serve on the Board, on committees or as volunteers to help make the North Kansas City Business Council more effective.
All levels have the full spectrum of opportunities to network and to utilize sponsorship and business promotion features offered by the North Kansas City Business Council.
- We serve as a full-time advocate for businesses in North Kansas City.
- We work to build and maintain a large, strong and active membership base from which to speak in behalf of businesses and define the business perspective on issues.
- We stay up-to-date on local, regional, state and national issues facing local businesses.
- We strive to maintain an effective and mutually beneficial relationship with the City.
- We attend City Council meetings on a regular basis to keep current on North Kansas City issues and to offer input on business perspectives as needed.
- We communicate to members about current or anticipated issues affecting businesses.
- We send timely e-mail alerts about traffic, safety and other urgent topics.
- Members are listed in the annual Membership Directory & Buyers Guide – in both a printed version and on the North Kansas City Business Council website.
- As a North Kansas City Business Council member your business has the opportunity to:
- Customize your web presence on the Business Council website which features a full membership business directory.
- Gain visibility and community appreciation by participating in Winter Wonderland, a Christmas tree decorating contest open to all member businesses.
- Place brochures or other promotional materials at the Business Council office.
- Place inserts in the quarterly “Going North” newsletter at a discounted rate.
- Be the business referred to when inquiries (phone, walk-in or e-mail) are received at the North Kansas City Business Council office.
- Be the featured business at the monthly luncheon to showcase your business.
- Become more well-known in the business community by hosting First Friday Coffee and Business After Hours events.
- List job openings on the Business Council website at no cost for members.
- Post on the Business Council website any “Hot Deals” your business is offering.
- Have a publicized ribbon-cutting ceremony.
- Have a booth at North Kansas City Business Council events.
- Monthly luncheons with keynote speakers (usually on the 4th Thursday)
- First Friday Coffees
- Business After Hours events
- Mickey Finn Scholarship Golf Classic (a fun Spring-time fund-raiser for the North Kansas City High School scholarship fund)
- The Big Event – A Taste for the Holidays (dinner, auction and major fund-raiser)